HUMANE AVIAN DAMAGE CONTROL by
CONSERVATIONISTS WHO MEAN BUSINESS
Hardshell Labs has field-proven, humane solutions to mitigate against avian damage including: predation on endangered species (e.g. Desert Tortoise and Sage Grouse); health hazards involving landfill, waste management and dairy operations; as well as protection of high value agricultural crops (e.g. pistachio orchards).
Are your critical assets being destroyed by bird pests? Are you operating an agricultural, municipal, or commercial site, or stewarding sensitive habitat? Do you need to solve crop/asset destruction, health & safety or endangered species issues due to avian pests? Are your pests themselves protected species? Please contact our team to pursue field tested and tailored solutions to your unique bird damage-control problem.
Avian damage happens when:
- Birds eat things we don’t want them to
- Inhabit places where we don’t want them
- Damage infrastructure
- Act as disease vectors
Hardshell Labs is working on three types of humane solutions to these problems:
- Changing bird distribution by driving them from sensitive areas or those containing high value assets
- Reducing overall bird numbers
- Altering bird behavior, principally their dietary choices
- Hardshell Labs’ biologists bring a deep understanding of bird behavior and the problems they cause to envision possible solutions.
- They work with our team of highly creative engineers to apply existing technology in novel combinations, resulting in new devices to address those problems.
- Field testing follows, to assess the effect of the devices and to refine their designs.
- Our business officers then develop commercialization strategies to bring these solutions to market.
Explore the site for more detail on specific problems and the state of our solutions to them.