California Pistachio Growers have a NEW option for controlling crop losses to birds. This is not an equipment sale! Hardshell Labs offers a proven service that keeps ravens and crows away from pistachio orchards. This service begins in the weeks running up to the Fall pistachio harvest, when Hardshell Labs deploys its personnel and proprietary technology in growers’ orchards. Its bleeding-edge technology sweeps orchards with drones and lasers that respond to AI algorhythms designed to haze without harming. The results in harvest yield are demonstrable. Hardshell Labs’ proven technology and techniques are available for the 2021 harvest season, but availability is limited.
Hardshell Labs has developed field-tested, humane solutions to control bird damage to valued assets. Hardshell Labs has extensive field experience managing and preventing predation by ravens or crows of endangered species, such as the Desert Tortoise and Sage Grouse, and is exploring applications of its proven protection services in the areas of: landfills, waste management, dairy operations, ecological habitat protection; as well as shielding other high value agricultural crops. The company specializes in understanding and developing novel processes and technologies for agricultural, commercial and conservation applications.
Limited Remaining Capacity for 2021
Contact Us Now to Reserve
See how it's done
Animated Explainer Video
• Limited capacity remains for 2021 season for pistachio orchard protection service in Kern and San Bernardino Counties •
• Hardshell Labs is accepting inquiries for 2022 season •
• Do you understand, have you measured your pistachio losses to ravens and crows? •
• Ask if your orchards might qualify for a free Hardshell Labs Bird-crop-loss Field Survey to be conducted in 2021 •
Avian damage happens when birds:
- Eat things we don’t want them to
- Inhabit places where we don’t want them
- Damage infrastructure
- Act as disease vectors
Hardshell Labs is working on three types of humane solutions to these problems:
- Changing bird distribution by driving them from sensitive areas or those containing high value assets
- Reducing overall bird numbers
- Altering bird behavior, principally their dietary choices
- Hardshell Labs’ biologists bring a deep understanding of bird behavior and the problems they cause to envision possible solutions.
- They work with our team of highly creative engineers to apply existing technology in novel combinations, resulting in new devices to address those problems.
- Field testing follows, to assess the effect of the devices and to refine their designs.
- Our business officers then develop commercialization strategies to bring these solutions to market.
- Explore the site for more detail on specific problems and the state of Hardshell’s solutions to them.