What We'll Do
• Customize a hazing plan to PRESERVE OVER 90% of the nuts you will otherwise lose to the birds
• Set up and program monitoring and hazing system network devices
• Schedule protection services to run through harvest
• Keep eyes on your orchard in-person and via remote video
• Use a mix of the latest, proven high- and low-tech gear
• Deploy field operatives in your orchard as needed
• Use best practices, safely deter birds from orchard and nuts
• Provide a service solution – not seek to sell you equipment
• Work under a fixed cost per acre contract
• Provide a Loss/Savings After Report
• Get the job done for you
Limited Remaining Capacity for 2021
Contact Us Now to Reserve
See how it's done
Animated Explainer Video
Ravens Foraging in Pistachio Orchard
A simple reason the Harters brought HSL into their trees in 2020—
“Ravens are the big thing now… trying to control the ravens.”
A Hardshell Labs’ Drone on the Hunt
What is the cost of Hardshell’s Orchard Protection Service?
Please start by considering… How much are you losing to the birds? How much do you spend in time, effort and dollars to battle predation? UC Davis reports that ravens in pistachio orchards eat about a pound of nuts a day. How many ravens typically target your orchard in the run up to harvest? What would be your cost of lost yield were you to skimp or skip protective efforts this season?
If Hardshell’s service is a good fit in your trees, you will receive a pistachio orchard protection-service price quote custom-tailored to your site. We will take into consideration: location; orchard size, maturity and configuration; estimated split and harvest timing, as well as your historic level of bird predation. A Hardshell field estimator will gather this defining information, and combine it with aerial photography and advice from industry consultants to generate a best quote for your service.
The quote will be on a fixed cost per acre basis specifically configured for your orchard(s). You might elect to extend the period of coverage earlier depending on presence of birds or an early split, or later should your harvest date dictate an extension.
There are economies of scale for our gear and putting boots on the ground in orchards. Typically operations over 300 acres are a good fit with Hardshell’s service investment — there is a price break for protecting significantly greater acreage.
Hardshell’s orchard operatives will bring video gear, lasers, drone and networking systems into your trees to keep eyes on your nut crop and operate an array of bird hazing approaches. Here’s a thought — You will be free to attend to the many other needs of your operation, and leave the birds to Hardshell.